Day Care Centres are therapeutic areas which mission is to protect and repair the damage that children or teenagers have suffered as a result of abuse. We work hard to restore their violated rights and strengthen the children with the purpose that they can achieve a successful social and educational integration.
The Board of Rights for Girls, Boys and Adolescents (Consejo de Derechos de NIñas, Niños y Adolescentes) follows up, monitors and controls the device.
Objectives of intervention in day centers for children and teenagers:
- Encourage and develop skills that enable functions and areas of development inhibited or lost due to the psychic damage caused by abuse.
- Promote and encourage the self-knowledge of the child about himself and the members of his/her primary family group.
- Complement and support parents in their role encouraging the re composition of violent family relationships.
- Ensure the provision of basic needs (food, health, education, hygiene, clothing, recreation, etc.).
- Provide a framework where they can develop gratifying relationships and social activities.
- Assist, encourage and promote the permanence and continuity of basic education (primary and secondary).
- Promote and encourage the inclusion and belonging in social, family and community networks.
- Restore the ability to play, having fun and pleasurable activities, promoting the research and choice of each activity.
Ieladienu has a Day Care Centre for Early Childhood and one for Second Childhood. Both work from Monday to Thursday from 9.00 am to 8.00 pm and Friday until 4.00 pm.